The intent of this guide is to help you better understand the steps and decisions you will need to make during the buying process of a property on the Costa del Sol. Some of the details will vary depending on your specific circumstances, so don’t hesitate to ask our real estate agents if you have any questions.
It’s important to find an agent and a real estate team you feel comfortable with to help you as that person and his team represents you when you purchase a home.
At Prime Realty Marbella, we take pride at offering a professional service that becomes a personal service.
If what you are looking for is not in our inventory, we will go out and find the property for you through colleagues in other agencies on a commission-sharing basis.
Buyer responsibility checklist
EVALUATE YOUR NEEDS AND DECIDE WHAT KIND OF PROPERTY YOU WANT TO BUY AND WHEN.
About the Property:
- Your area of choice to live on the coast: Estepona, New Golden Mile, Benahavis, San Pedro de Alcántara, Nueva Andalucía, Puerto Banus, Golden Mile, Marbella town, West coast of Marbella? What kind of location are you interested in? The countryside, or a town, a residential area, beach side, etc…
- What type of property are you after? A modern apartment, town house or villa? Maybe a character home, or a cortijo with outbuildings?
- Do you want to be in a tourist development or in a more residential area? Do you want to be amongst other expats and foreigners, or live somewhere a little more authentic and Spanish?
- How big does it need to be? How many bedrooms?
- Are you looking for an old property that you can renovate, redecorate or perhaps something new that requires no work?
- Do you want/need a terrace, off-road parking, a garden or a swimming pool – or even land with fruit trees?
- Are views important? What type of view would you prefer?
- What else is needed to fulfill your property requirements?
- How far away do you want to be from local amenities like bars, shops, restaurants, local markets, beaches, or marinas?
- How close do you want to be to the airport/s?
- Are there adequate pharmacy and medical facilities in the area?
- What else do you need? Schools, entertainment, gym?
- Will you need public transport?
- When can you realistically think about viewing properties?
- When will you be in a financial position to purchase and what will your budget be?
- Do you require a mortgage?
- Are you selling a property?
- By when would you like to have been handed the keys to your new property?